Koning Webster Lawyers acts for clients on a broad range of civil litigation in the District Court and High Court. The firm also has experience in alternative dispute resolution including appearing at mediations and arbitrations.
The firm has particular expertise in civil claims that relate to Maori land or general land owned by Maori including:
- specific performance of covenants in leases of Maori freehold land and general land owned by Maori
- damages for breach of contract including recovery of rental arrears, outgoings and default interest
- pursuing judgment debtors through enforcement proceedings
- access to landlocked Maori freehold land across general land and Crown land
- delivering up leasehold properties in good order and repair at the termination of the lease
- claims to estates under the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 and the Family Protection Act 1955 which involve general land owned by Maori
The firm also deals with general civil litigation matters.