Koning Webster Lawyers regularly provides advice to Maori entities on all aspects of resource management issues including:
- compliance with planning instruments
- hapu and iwi management plans
- applications for resource consent, restricted coastal permits and plan changes
- appeals to the Environment Court and High Court
- declarations and enforcement under Part 12 of the Resource Management Act 1991 including abatement notices and enforcement orders
- funding from the ELA Fund for proceedings before the Environment Court
The firm has significant recent experience acting for iwi in relation to major infrastructure projects and resource consent applications.