Koning Webster Lawyers provides negotiation and legal advice to iwi involved in settlement negotiations with the Crown. Our services include advising on:
- direct negotiations with the Office of Treaty Settlements and Ministers;
- cross claims;
- agreements between iwi and the Crown and local government;
- settlement process and reporting to iwi and relevant community stakeholders;
- governance entities to represent claimant groups;
- settlement legislation;
- implementing settlements including the transfer commercial and cultural redress properties.
The firm is currently retained by a number iwi to provide advice on settlement negotiations with the Crown.